Popular Patriot takes next step forward in spray technology and connectivity opportunities
17 Feb 2022
The Case IH Patriot sprayer has been a fixture of many Australian farming operations for more than two decades, and now local customers are about to be introduced to the latest in Case IH application technology, the new Patriot 50 series.
The Patriot's undergone a complete re-design to deliver improved efficiency and operator comfort, along with enhanced connectivity and remote management capabilities.
"It's an exciting expansion of our self-propelled application equipment line-up with three new models – the Patriot 3250, 4350, and 4450. This has been a comprehensive re-design of one of our flagship models and the benefits are obvious from the first time you sit in the cab: more comfortable to operate, complete vehicle control, and technology features offered for the first time in the Patriot," said Case IH ANZ Product Manager Patriot Sprayers, Jason Wood.
The Patriot's acclaimed AIM Command spray system technology has been stepped up again in the new Patriot series, with the option of adding AIM Command FLEX™II, offering six modes of operation for greater accuracy and control across chemical application rates, pressure and droplet size, and individual nozzle on/off control for increased precision.
Jason said the unique MultiControl armrest layout offered in current-model Steiger and Magnum tractors, and proving popular with operators, was now a feature of the Patriot 50 series sprayers, too, providing the advantage of keeping commonly-used controls at operators' fingertips.
Other features include:
- A quiet, comfortable interior with an abundance of glass for maximum, unrestricted visibility, designed to enhance operator performance
- Superior ride quality, stability and control with a 4-bar linkage chassis suspension system
- A suite of technology solutions capable of performing wireless file transfers, sharing guidance lines, creating prescription maps, fleet management, data sharing and product control
- Strong, durable booms with a boom suspension design that helps provide a stable platform for product application
- Integrated AutoBoom® XRT Automatic Boom Height control that detects and accommodates changes in terrain, ensuring coverage accuracy and effectiveness
"It's an exciting expansion of our self-propelled application equipment line-up with three new models – the Patriot 3250, 4350, and 4450. This has been a comprehensive re-design of one of our flagship models and the benefits are obvious from the first time you sit in the cab: more comfortable to operate, complete vehicle control, and technology features offered for the first time in the Patriot" - Case IH ANZ Product Manager Patriot Sprayers, Jason Wood.
- A new centre section design minimises boom yaw in challenging conditions — even with longer boom options
- The AFS Vector Pro receiver provides reliable and consistent terrain-compensated position and helps operators quickly determine guidance lines. It's also compatible with the optional AutoTurn automated headland turning feature
- Two customisable displays - the AFS Pro 1200 and the Viper 4+ - ensure operators always have optimal vehicle and product control and the ability to see what they want, when they want.
- Tank capacities of 6,057L (4450 model); 4,542L (4350); 3,785L (3250)
- For ease of maintenance, everything is within reach with a one-stop, centrally-located service centre, exclusive tip wash station, ground-level connections and an open architecture design
- Increased transport speeds of up to 59.5km/h (Patriot 4350 and 4450) to help maximise productivity.
Currently being rolled out across the Case IH tractor ranges, AFS Connect™ is now offered in the Patriot, providing unmatched connectivity, guidance, data and monitoring solutions for any operation. Every Patriot 50 series sprayer comes with an AFS Connect-compatible modem and a 5-year subscription from the factory.
"With AFS Connect, operators can, for example, view and store their application maps from season to season, or track a machine's location, parameters and progress during jobs to help with planning tasks," Jason said. "There are so many options, and opportunities, for every type, and size, of farm business."
Jason said the priority during the development of the new Patriot series was to help customers maximise yield potential and better manage tight application windows.
"We're confident we've achieved that with the 50 series, keeping the features that are tried and tested, like the forward cab/rear engine design that works so well, but then adding and re-designing where necessary to ensure the highest levels of spraying accuracy and efficiency, and offer industry-leading connectivity and remote management capabilities," Jason said.
For more information on the new Patriot series, contact your local Case IH dealer.
Download Word Document
Download Zip archive