RACINE, Wis. — Case IH is pleased to introduce the 2160 Early Riser planter as part of its 2000 series Early Riser planter portfolio. Available in 32- and 36-row options, producers can choose from four configurations equipped with either the new steerable Rowtrac™ Carrier System or traditional wheeled-carrier option. In addition to available track technology, the 2160 Early Riser planter features the factory integration of the industry’s most accurate planter technologies and an all-new rugged row unit designed for fast, uniform emergence at speeds up to 10 mph.
“The 2160 Early Riser planter with steerable Rowtrac Carrier System provides up to 74 percent increased flotation over a wheeled carrier to reduce soil compaction,” said Tony McClelland, Case IH planter marketing manager. “With more square inches on the ground, toolbar weight is evenly distributed to improve planting performance in areas of the country, such as the Dakotas, with soft, loamy soils and/or wet planting conditions.”
Caption: The new 2160 Early Riser® planter features the optional Rowtrac™ Carrier System for improved flotation and reduced compaction in challenging field conditions.
Click [HERE] to download a hi-res file.
Award-winning Track Design
The Rowtrac Carrier System features the industry’s first three-axis steerable track solution, which is the recipient of the prestigious 2017 AE50 award from the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE). The towed-implement track undercarriage design is pivotable on three major axes for pitch, roll and yaw movement. The same Case IH engineering team that designed the industry-leading track technology found in Case IH Magnum™ and Steiger® Rowtrac series tractors also designed the Rowtrac Carrier System.
“The unique undercarriage design of the Rowtrac Carrier System allows the tracks to uniformly minimize ground pressure, even in rolling terrain,” McClelland said. “The steerable undercarriage also provides excellent maneuverability during transport, especially in tight field entrances.”
Highlights of the steerable Rowtrac Carrier System include:
- Increased flotation reduces compaction and improves yield potential in challenging field conditions.
- Industry-first three-axis steerable track solution provides better maneuverability and a smoother toolbar ride compared with wheeled carriers.
- One set of track paths controls in-field traffic and reduces pinch-row compaction from dual wheels.
- Fore-aft track oscillation provides excellent ground contact and weight distribution on undulating terrain.
- Side camber promotes even wear and extended track life through uneven terrain and roading.
Caption: The 2017 AE50-award-winning Rowtrac™ Carrier System for the new 2160 Early Riser® planter provides the industry’s first steerable track solution for greater maneuverability.
Click [HERE] to download a hi-res file.
High-efficiency Planting: Cover More Ground in Less Time
The 2160 Early Riser planter continues the accuracy, durability and simplicity found throughout the 2000 series Early Riser lineup. Toolbars from 60 to 90 feet allow producers to move quickly from field to field with the flexibility and technology they need to speed up planting without sacrificing agronomic performance.
“The Early Riser row unit creates the industry’s only flat-bottom seed trench to provide proper depth and more consistent seed placement,” McClelland added. “From there, the gentle two-stage closing system ensures excellent seed-to-soil contact for fast germination and uniform plant growth.”
Built on proven Agronomic Design™ principles, highlights of the 2160 Early Riser planter include:
- Rugged row unit built for unrivaled accuracy and dependability — up to 10 mph, depending on field conditions.
- 26-inch toolbar clearance, plus a 60 percent increase in vertical row unit travel to accommodate rapid terrain changes.
- Factory-integrated Case IH and Precision Planting® technology, including vSet® 2 meter with vDrive® electric drive, DeltaForce® hydraulic down force, SpeedTube®, CleanSweep® air cylinders, and granular and liquid fertilizer options.
- Automatic and in-cab adjustments and tool-free crop changes help to quickly adapt to in-field conditions.
Visit caseih.com or your local Case IH dealer for more information.
Case IH is a global leader in agricultural equipment, committed to collaborating with its customers to develop the most powerful, productive, reliable equipment — designed to meet today’s agricultural challenges. With headquarters in the United States, Case IH has a network of dealers and distributors that operates in over 160 countries. Case IH provides agricultural equipment systems, flexible financial service offerings and parts and service support for professional farmers and commercial operators through a dedicated network of professional dealers and distributors. Productivity-enhancing products include tractors; combines and harvesters; hay and forage equipment; tillage tools; planting and seeding systems; sprayers and applicators; site-specific farming tools; and utility vehicles. Case IH is a brand of CNH Industrial N.V. (NYSE: CNHI / MI: CNHI).
Any trademarks referred to herein, in association with goods and/or services of companies other than CNH Industrial America LLC, are the property of those respective companies.