MAKING GREAT BALERS EVEN BETTER
From front to rear, every aspect of the LB series balers was examined by Case IH engineers to analyse areas where there was scope for improvement. Every major component came under scrutiny, from the pick-up, rotor and pre-chamber through to the packer and knotters.
The new knotter system is combined with redesigned needles and a new needle yoke reclaim system. The TwinePro knotters use a simple system to create a high-strength loop knot, allowing the operator to use maximum achievable density with a wide range of twines without the risk of bales bursting. The loop-knotting process eliminates offcuts left loose either on the bale – so improving forage quality – or in the field, hence reducing environmental impact.
Explore the series
- LB424 XL and LB434 XL baler bodies are wider than previous models from 2500mm to 2800mm, to provide increased space between the side frame and the twine box and reduce crop accumulation in this area and provide more space to move around the service platform. Every model still falls within a 3m transport width, even with pickup wheels in situ. A new work light and service light package is available on LB424 XL and LB434 XL balers, featuring modern, bright LEDs for maximum visibility, even in the darkest night.
- Whatever the crop, light hay, dry straw or heavier first cut silage rich in sucrose, LB big balers will consistently form the right bale in perfect condition for bedding or feeding. With four models in the range and different crop cutter options you can choose the right chopping system for your needs and bale dimensions to suit your farming or contracting operation. Renowned bale density which can be easily adjusted from the tractor seat using the AFS-monitor regardless of how fast the baler operates.
- The proven and extremely reliable double knotter system on the new machines offers an optional new compressed air cleaning system to ensure reliability by keeping knotters clear of dust and debris. This is in addition to the improved standard knotter cleaning system and is used for extreme dusty conditions, often experienced in drier countries.
- On LB424 XL and LB434 XL models, the bale chamber is now 31% longer, having been extended by 80cm. And in conjunction with automatic feed rate control, that means you get not just better bale shape and greater bale density, but also more consistent density across the day as conditions change.
- The Case IH AFS monitor continuously supervises and displays all key baler functions, including the knotters. New on LB models is a visual steering aid to assist operators in picking up very small and/or irregular swaths and ensure uniform, sturdy bales are formed even in difficult conditions. On the AFS Pro 700 monitor, images from several video cameras can be displayed simultaneously. It is also possible to operate the balers through the terminals of ISOBUS-compatible tractors.
- For maximum road safety Case IH big balers feature suspension systems for excellent handling. On and off the road they offer a wide choice of tyres to match your working conditions. There is a choice of either a single axle or tandem axle, with steered rear axle. The large tyres in combination with the steered tandem axle reduce soil pressure and protect the regrowth of the next crop. In spite of their higher performance and capacity, new LB series balers feature a very compact construction, and even on 600mm-wide tyres they are less than 3m wide. Transport speeds of up to 60kph are possible on the road, depending on local regulations.
Every feature on new Case IH LB balers is designed to ensure you get crop off the field and into the stack as quickly as possible. With widths of between 2m and 2,35m depending on model, LB floating pick-ups can handle the widest, heaviest swaths. All are equipped with a roller windguard and can be specified with large gauge wheels with adjustable flotation springs, and can handle the widest, heaviest swaths.
- Case IH LB balers have been designed to give trouble free operation for many seasons requiring the minimum of service and maintenance. Direct access to all major components is provided by the high-opening panels that lift upwards supported by gas assisted cylinders. Storage compartments with the ability to hold up to 32 twine balls are enough for a days high capacity baling.