16 Oct 2015
Agricultural machinery provider Case IH has unveiled a new data system giving farmers real-time access to farm equipment information – including location, diagnostics, agronomic data, and fuel and engine statistics as they would be seen in the field – from web-enabled devices such as computers, smartphones and tablets.
Daniel Magill, Precision Farming Operations Manager said, "AFS ConnectTM takes our Advanced Farming Systems to a whole new level of connectivity, giving farmers real time access to and control of their data, and the ability to share it with others.
The AFS Connect dashboard is bold, crisp and easy to read, giving a clear display of machine health parameters such as engine speed, hydraulics, oil temperature, fuel level and more.
Farmers can monitor anything that uses power, from farming machines to road vehicles, allowing them to quickly identify and troubleshoot breakdowns, monitor progress in real time and send messages to equipment operators.
“AFS ConnectTM takes our Advanced
Farming Systems to a whole new level of connectivity, giving farmers real time
access to and control of their data, and the ability to share it with others."
Plus, farmers now have the option of sharing equipment data directly with their machinery dealer specialist to get immediate diagnostics and troubleshooting support, without needing to get them onsite.
Simplicity is the key to efficiency, and this system is simply a delight to use."
"Case IH works closely with FPT in using innovative technology and design to make engines more efficient, higher performing, and improving flexibility – and of course they are customised for New Zealand needs and conditions," said Mr Magill.
AFS Connect 2.0 has a wide range of features, including:
- Industry-leading, easy-to-use live dashboard with user-friendly graphics of key vehicle parameters
- Ability to send messages from the Web portal to the AFS Pro 700
- Wireless data transfer
- One-minute update rate, which is unmatched in the industry
- Industry-leading Live Time streaming of the dashboard for up to 30 minutes per day per modem to support live troubleshooting and performance tuning
- CAN Viewer on the portal, providing real-time visibility of the machine parameters for up to 30 minutes per day per modem (in addition to dashboard Live Time)
- Machine monitoring, including machine status, customizable geofence monitor and motion detection
- Fleet management, including vehicle mapping and historic breadcrumbing
Case IH is imported in New Zealand by C B Norwood Distributors Ltd.
Download Word Document