The Tractor That Set the Standard 60 Years Ago Has Again Raised the Bar
25 Aug 2021
Following hot on the heels of last year's launch of the next-generation AFS Connect Magnum comes a similar makeover for the flagship of Case IH's machinery fleet, the Steiger.
The AFS Connect™ Steiger is now being introduced to Australian and New Zealand farmers, promising the connectivity potential and technology advancements of the AFS Connect Magnum, but with the additional horsepower for those with big jobs and big hectares to cover.
Available in Quadtrac®, Rowtrac™ and wheeled configurations from 400 to 600 horsepower, the AFS Connect Steiger features a redesigned cab with an all-new armrest with ergonomic controls, automotive-grade design elements and a 12-inch display configurable to each operator's needs. There is also a new operating system and receiver.
"Like the AFS Connect Magnum, this new Steiger represents the future direction for the entire Case IH tractor line-up. From the design upgrades and enhancements to the suite of new technology driving new levels of efficiency and productivity, the AFS Connect Steiger delivers the connectivity that enables producers to control and oversee their operation from not only the tractor cab, but from home, in the shed, or wherever they may be," said Case IH Australia/NZ Steiger Product Manager Jason Wood.
"The power, durability and efficiency that have been the hallmarks of the Steiger range for more than 60 years remain the same, but these latest technology enhancements only amplify its appeal to the customer looking for a tractor that can tackle the biggest and most demanding of tasks."
"The power, durability and efficiency that have been the hallmarks of the Steiger range for more than 60 years remain the same, but these latest technology enhancements only amplify its appeal to the customer looking for a tractor that can tackle the biggest and most demanding of tasks" - Jason Wood, Case IH
The AFS Connect Steiger is powered by three system components:
- AFS Pro 1200 display provides great visibility day or night and features exterior camera feeds, easy Bluetooth® pairing to link a mobile device, and remote display viewing to connect operators with farm managers seamlessly.
- AFS Vision Pro operating system is familiar and easy to use – just like a smartphone or tablet. This advanced control system allows producers to control the tractor with a touch screen configured to suit their needs.
- AFS Vector Pro receiver streamlines guidance correction options, ranging from base (AFS 1) to medium (AFS 2) to high (RTK) accuracy levels.
The cab, like that of the AFS Connect Magnum, has been completely redesigned, blending simplicity, control and comfort, no matter the conditions or crop. Features include:
- Ergonomic MultiControl Armrest with eight control buttons, a MultiFunction Handle with four programmable hot keys and an encoder knob for total control at the operator's fingertips
- Newly-designed heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning
- 29 power connectors and diagnostic ports to connect all the devices required to monitor and control the operation
- Standard leather seat with ventilation
- Advanced steering system with adjustable steering rates to increase performance and manoeuvrability on every turn of the steering wheel
- 360-degree performance lighting that can be grouped to turn on and off as the operator sees fit
- Telescoping mirrors that are adjustable from the cab
Along with these new features, industry-leading cab suspension, unmatched visibility and a 40-degree swivel seat come standard.
"The enhanced levels of connectivity in the new Magnum, and now Steiger, sets these tractors apart, providing more support features, reducing downtime, and maximising productivity. From the remote service support that allows dealers to remotely identify maintenance and service needs, to the ability for business owners and managers to monitor operations – from outside the cab – these AFS Connect tractors are game-changers for our industry," Jason said.
Download Word Document
Download Zip archive